- Klarna users can now shop using pay in 3 at any online retailer, regardless of whether they’re partnered with Klarna or not, directly from the app
- The new feature eliminates the need to use credit cards when shopping online, making high interest APRs a thing of the past
- Additional features include personalised wish lists, price drop notifications, thousands of deals updated daily, monthly budgets and personal spending limits
Klarna, the leading global banking, payments and shopping service, has today launched its Shopping app, empowering users to Pay in 3 in any online shop directly through the Klarna app, without ever paying more than the price of the product. Klarna’s in-app shopping experience now covers the whole retail journey, from inspiration and discovery right through to purchase and return management.
This new Shopping feature allows UK Klarna users to shop at any online retailer, regardless of whether they’re partnered with Klarna or not, and split the payment into three interest-free instalments - eliminating the need to use a credit card. It will also integrate monthly budgets and personal spending limit functionalities for users to set and remain in control of their spending.
Additional features include personalised wish lists and curated content based on consumers’ interests and their favourite stores, price drop notifications, thousands of deals updated daily, and lists of retailers for users to decide where to buy their favourite product, at the best price.
With an estimated 72% of e-commerce to take place on a mobile device by the end of the year, the Klarna app will give shoppers everything they need right at their fingertips and never have to juggle multiple apps ever again.
Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna said: “At Klarna, we believe that no-one should ever have to pay credit card fees or high interest rates and now, thanks to our new in-app shopping feature, they don’t have to. Shoppers now can interact with their favourite retailers without having to leave the Klarna app, to create a smooth, safe and frictionless shopping experience. Our one stop shop app is the future of shopping, it creates a truly personalised and bespoke service for every user and liberates consumers from ever paying more than the price of the product.”
The feature is already live in other markets including the US, Australia and Sweden where the app is used by 6.5 million people on average each month and the pay later interest free feature has been used over 12.8 million times to make a purchase through the app. The app is available to download for iOS and Android mobile devices today.
How to pay-in-3 in the app:
- Shop at any online store in the Klarna app
- Find what you love and add it to your basket
- Press the pink ‘pay with K’ button
- Create a one-time card for the value of your purchase
- Choose to pay in 3 and review your plan
- Copy and paste your one-time card details into the checkout
We make shopping smooth. Klarna’s offering to consumers and retailers include payments, social shopping, and personal finances. Over 250,000 retail partners, including H&M, IKEA, Expedia Group, Samsung, ASOS, Peloton, Abercrombie & Fitch, Nike and AliExpress have enabled Klarna’s innovative shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna is one of the most highly valued private fintechs globally with a valuation of $31B. Klarna was founded in 2005, has over 4,000 employees and is active in 17 countries. For more information, visit klarna.com.