Our inaugural Retailer Innovation Award recipients aren’t just doing something new, they’re reaping the business reward for the execution of their innovation. Award winners were recognized in six critical areas of business transformation —omni-channel retailing, customer engagement, in-store operations, WFM/HCM, loss prevention, and supply chain/fulfillment.
The winners and finalists we recognized this year are addressing the incredibly complex problems retailers face today, and they represent some of the brightest minds and boldest leaders who are solving those problems through innovation.
On behalf of the team at Innovative Retail Technologies, congratulations to the winners of the 2016 Retailer Innovation Awards. We’re inspired by your success, and we know our subscribers will be, too.
Project Leads: None specified
Luxottica Group has a reputation for its considerable ongoing investment in the training and development of its associates and the quality of its work environment. With store associates playing such an important role in providing a consistently excellent shopping experience, the company needed to provide team members with a single place to view corporate communications, employee training direction, onboarding processes, tasks, and performance metrics.
Luxottica implemented a task management solution from Reflexis Systems to centralize the effort, determining single WFM platform would ensure field leaders, store managers, and associates understood and
executed the company’s strategies.
With its task management solution in place, corporate can coordinate planning of product launches, streamline communication, update a singular calendar, and ensure stores are executing Luxottica’s product and customer service direction. The POS/mobile device-enabled Reflexis solution benefits both corporate users by:
- Providing a single source for all to view prioritized corporate communication
- Freeing up more time for custom- er facing activities.
- Enabling visibility into who had completed corporate plans and who had not, with the ability to manage by exception and help stores address reasons for non-completion.
- Creating transparent accountability with real-time tracking and reporting of completion and comments.
- Enabling a third-party rewards and recognition program, which includes training materials, quizzes, peer recognition, points awards, and a social hash tag feed tied to key brand initiatives.
- Empowering field/store associates and corporate with two-way communication on activity status in real time.
- Reducing the amount of paper-based communication, supporting the company’s Zero Waste initiative.
- Decreasing duplicate or corrective communications; when details for a project or communication changed, the system flags the presence of new information in-line with the original communication.
- Linking to other programs and applications to serve as the source of truth.
The impact of the solution at Luxottica has also resulted in increased productivity and growth in sales in terms of comp sales (year-to-year same store comparisons), overall sales, and key product lines.
Miami Home Centers
Project Lead: Johil Parbtani, General Manager, Miami Home Centers
The Epicor Scheduling+ solution allows Miami Home Centers to streamline the employee scheduling process and reduce management oversight of schedules at its four stores. Managers can schedule according to whether they are over or under budget for the day/ week/month, helping the small business keep tabs on its finances.
Return to Table of Contents